1. This is a competition with two categories:
(I) Open (This category is open to prints of any subject matter.)
(II) Together (Entrants for this section are invited to interpret the theme as widely as they wish e.g. literally, representatively, etc.)
Lauderdale House Society reserves the right to refuse entries which are considered to be racist, sexist or obscene by the judging panel.
2. Colour or black and white prints are acceptable and should be no larger than 60cm x 60cm when framed. Prints must be framed in a suitable frame. ART WORK WITHOUT FRAMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. PLEASE SEE HANGING INSTRUCTION PAGE - attached to the entry form document. Download Entry Form by clicking here.
3. Work should be priced on the back or marked ‘not for sale’ (NFS). Name, address, telephone number, age (if under 16) and category must also be written clearly on the back of all prints. To avoid confusion, it is also necessary for an arrow to be placed on the reverse to indicate which way up the print is to be hung.
4. Entry fees £4.50 per print. A maximum of 6 prints may be submitted per entrant. Cheques and postal orders must be made payable to Lauderdale House Society. All entries will be acknowledged. Please wrap all entries carefully (but note that we are unable to return your personal wrapping).
5. Entries must be sent or delivered to Lauderdale House, Highgate Hill, Waterlow Park, London N6 5HG (ring the doorbell marked ‘office’ if the gallery is closed. You should also enclose with your entry:
b) Completed entry form
c) Optional CV (we would like to compile a folder to be displayed in the exhibition with information about exhibitors).
6. No work which has been submitted to previous Lauderdale House competitions will be accepted.
7. Entries will be accepted as follows:
MONDAY 8 JULY to FRIDAY 12 JULY
From 11am to 4pm
SUNDAY 14 JULY from 11.00am to 4pm
8. Approximately 110 prints will be selected for the exhibition. Entrants whose work has been selected will be notified after Tuesday 16 July.
9. A winner will be selected from each category:
(I) Open & (II) Together
From these categories, an overall winner will be selected and offered an individual exhibition at Lauderdale House. There will be no charge made for the gallery space; however, a 25% commission on sales will be taken.
10. There will be more than one judge and the judges’ decision will be final.
11. The exhibition will open on Wednesday 24 July. The private view will be on Wednesday 24 July from 7.30-9pm. All entrants are welcome. Winners will be announced at the private view. The exhibition closes on Sunday 11 August.
12. Non-selected prints should be collected immediately after notification, on Wednesday 17, Thursday 18 and Friday 19 from 11am-4pm and Sunday 21 July 12pm to 4pm.
13. Selected prints must be collected between Thursday 15 and Friday 16 August, 11am-4pm, and Sunday 18 August, 11am-4pm. Lauderdale House cannot be held responsible for prints not collected after Tuesday 3 September 2019.
14. The exhibition will take place in the Entrance Hall and Lower Gallery.
15. Opening Hours:
Mon / Tue / Wed: 11am to 4pm
Thu, Fri & Sun: flexible opening hour – call 020 8348 8716 and/or check the website
16. All entrants agree that Lauderdale House may use their photos for the promotion of the competition this year and in the future.