Meet one of our board members, an expert on our history and one of the key people who restored the House to public use following a fire in 1963 for a fascinating tour of the House:
- Discover the secret trompe l’oeil behind the stair case panels
- Hear about Lord Lauderdale’s collection of books which nearly brought the House down
- Understand the history of the ‘moving front door’
- Find out what really went on at the archeological parties in the 1800’s
- And why the workmen in in 1582 bricked in chickens, candlesticks and shows behind the fireplace.