Education & Outreach Officer
The Education & Outreach Officer (Heritage and Arts) plays a key role at Lauderdale House. We are seeking an experienced, imaginative, adaptable and committed educator to:
• deliver our Education and Outreach programme, engaging local young people, children and adults in creative and heritage opportunities. The programme involves managing and delivering our creative offerings alongside award-winning poets, artists and teachers in secondary schools and for our resident youth group. See below for current programme.
• create new opportunities for heritage and artistic educational outreach work, focussing particularly on developing initiatives and educational resources to engage young people aged between 11 and 24 years with the House through formal and informal education
• maintain and continue to build on established partnerships with Camden Youth Services, Camden Council and local education authorities.
Our annual reports give a ‘snapshot’ of activity and the range of our regular programmes and recent experiences and can be downloaded here.
The appointment is full time:
• 35 hours per week. Note that office hours are 10am to 6pm. The post-holder will be expected to work Thursday evenings until 9:00pm to run Fresh@Lauderdale.
• Due to the nature of the business some weekend and evening working will be required. No overtime is payable but time off in lieu may be taken where the post holder works more than the specified number of hours if approved in advance by the director.
This is a hands-on role in a small team. You will be based at Lauderdale House but will be expected to travel around the local areas relevant to the outreach projects. Lauderdale House is a public building that needs to be staffed day-to-day which means there is little scope for remote working unless Covid restrictions apply.
25 working days per annum plus public holidays. The leave year runs from 1 April – 31 March.
To apply please send us a CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested in this role and why you are suitable to do this job to Katherine Ives on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include contact details for 2 referees in your application stating at what point in the recruitment process they may be contacted (we will not contact them without your permission).
Deadline: Monday 24 January at 9am
First interviews: Week commencing 31 January
Second interviews: Week commencing 7 February
Appointment will be subject to satisfactory completion of a 3-month probationary period.
Lauderdale House is committed to implementing and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in all of its activities, services and practice. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.